Oh yes, I am having fun with the toys! We have gotten quite a large pile of donations so far, and more to come, I pray.
If anyone asks what they can contribute, please say that we are lacking gifts for older kids. Somehow we have gotten a ton of preschool and baby gifts and that was not even on our list. I am sure God has sent them for a reason, but we are trying to service kids K-12, so we could use some stuff for bigger kids. Remember, they probably do not have electronics.
- a visit to Five below...you can find all kinds of things for preteens and teens there for $5 and less.
- go to Jo Ann's and buy a yard of polar fleece. Cut it into four 9" strips. Cut fringe into the ends and you will have 4 scarves.
- Look in dollar bins for blank books/journals, pens, stretchy gloves. Who knows what great dollar stuff could be put into a gift box?
- Art or journaling supplies: drawing pads, colored pencils, paint and brushes and a small canvas. Get a coupon for Michaels, Hobby Lobby or Jo Ann's. Art supplies are plentiful, and a 40% off coupon makes them affordable.
- $5 or $10 gift cards to fast food stores or any of the places mentioned above.
- Nail polish and manicure stuff for girls
- Inspirational non fiction paperback books
- Fun costume Jewelry
What else can you think of? Please comment below.
Dear Heavenly Father, We thank You and praise You for the generosity of our donors. We thank You for sending us what we need to match whomever will come shopping.
We ask You Lord for all of the families we will serve to be in Your keeping. May they be moved to answer the invitation to the Marketplace, and find You there. We pray for contacts and relationships to be built, with new friends, and with You.
Please guide and direct us Lord, that we might do work that is pleasing to You, and that serves someone who really needs Christmas help as well as some encouragement and freely given friendliness.
In Jesus' name we pray,